Would you like to add to your “Laura Collection”?At LauraPalooza 2015 we will be holding our second Silent Auction as a fundraiser for LIWLRA to support our mission and future donations to the Little House® homesites. From the successful 2012 Silent Auction we made a $1000 donation to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home & Museum in Mansfield toward their new Archives & Museum building.
Bring a Donation
Bring a donation (or two or more!) related to our favorite author and book series. Please label the item(s) with a description and give a starting bid value. You may bundle several related items together in a basket, bag or box.
- Antiques mentioned in the Little House® books – ex: tin cup, lace collar, slate, buttons, etc.
- Editions of the Little House® books or related activity books
- Collectibles from the LIW homesites that are duplicates from your Laura collection
- Sunbonnets, suspenders, pioneer clothing (new or gently-used only, please)
- Handmade crafts or artwork inspired by the LH books – quilts, carvings, corncob doll, etc.
- Holiday ornaments with LH themes
- Candies, breads, cookies (boxed/bagged for easy travel snacks)
All items to be donated should be tagged, and you’ll find these tags here.
Bring Spending MoneyBring a little “spending money” to use for bidding at the Silent Auction. Only cash and checks accepted at the Silent Auction.
You may bring your auction donations to the Dime Social on Wednesday night or when you register on Thursday morning. We will be numbering and adding a checked ribbon to each donation to prep the items for the Silent Auction.
Bidding will only be on Thursday evening and Friday morning.
All auction items will be “sold” to the highest bidder and collected on Friday afternoon. If there are left-over items, they can be sold at the minimum suggested price or returned to the donor. You must be present on Friday to participate!
Now, what would Laura bring to a Silent Auction? An apple pie? A lace-trimmed hanky? Hope you can join in the fun!
Contact: Connie Ryle Neumann firstname.lastname@example.org
LauraPalooza 2015 Silent Auction Chairperson
NOTE: Included photos are from actual items Sarah S. Uthoff is bringing to the auction. Please share photos of what you are bringing on our Facebook page or group to show off what you’ve got. 🙂 The auction is for in person bids only. There isn’t an online option.