Guest post by Connie Neumann
On Saturday morning, July 14, at LauraPalooza, we will be holding our first LauraPalooza Silent Auction as a fundraiser for LIWLRA to support our 501c3 status and future donations to the Little House® homesites.
There are two ways you can participate:
- Donate. Bring a donation (or two or more!) related to our favorite author and book series. Please label the item(s) with a description and give a starting bid value. You may group several related items together in a basket, bag or box.
- Bid. Bring a little “spending money” to use for bidding at the Silent Auction. Only cash and checks accepted this year.
Suggested Silent Auction Donations
(beginning “value” $3 and up)
- Antiques from the Little House® books – ex: tin cup, lace collar, slate, buttons, etc.
- Editions of the Little House® books or related activity books
- Collectibles from the LIW homesites that you may have duplicated
- Sunbonnets, suspenders, pioneer clothing (new or gently-used only please)
- Pioneer toys
- Holiday ornaments
- Candies, breads, cookies (easy travel snacks)
Where to bring your donations
You may bring your auction donations to the Ice Cream Social on Wednesday night or when you register on Thursday morning. We will be numbering and adding a checked ribbon to each donation to prep the items for the Saturday Silent Auction.
When to bid
Bidding will only be on Saturday morning during the Spelling Bee, and all auction items will be “sold” to the highest bidder and collected as you leave from lunch. You must be present on Saturday to participate.
If there are left-over items, they can be sold at the minimum suggested price or returned to the donor.
Now, what would Laura bring to a Silent Auction? An apple pie? A lace-trimmed hanky? Hope you can join in the fun!