Day 2 of the LauraPalooza conference was July 12, 2012. There are two videos for the general events of the day.
I finally did get around to finishing the videos for the Legacy Luncheon, but my uploading program didn’t like Part 3 because it was too long, so I’ll have to divide it into two parts and try again. In the meantime, I’m including links to Parts 1 and 2.
If you haven’t watched my video diaries before. I wear a different Laura themed T-shirt each day and I always make a point of showing which one I’m wearing because people have asked before.
I’ve also thrown in a few extras, links to Pa’s fiddle (including a preview video) and to Amber Waves. I also linked to Susan Thurlow’s interview on my podcast about this same topic and I’ll also point out that she has now published a booklet (available through the Walnut Grove giftshop) that is based on her research that started for LauraPalooza.
LauraPalooza 2012 Day 2 Part 1
- T-shirt of the day brand new from the Loftus Store.
- Amy Lauters – Opening Address
- Elizabeth Nolan Connors: Laura and Louisa, Little House and Little Women
- Kay Weisman: What Would Laura Read? Youth’s Companion 1879
- Merchandise Table
- Barbara Mayes Boustead: Wilder Weather – What Laura Witnessed
Laura Ingalls Wilder Legacy Award Luncheon
- Background of Award
- Presentation to Barbara Walker
- Part 3 with Shirley Knakmuhs will be up soon.
LauraPalooza 2012 Day 2 Part 2
- Susan Thurlow: Dr. George Tann, Black Frontier Physician
- Greeting for Julie Williams
- Helen Gunnarson: The Legalities of Rose and Roger
- Pa’s Fiddle
PBS Preview Video
PBS Preview Video on YouTube
- Authors Reception
- Amber Waves
Sarah S. Uthoff blogs at TrundleBed Tales; look for her on Twitter and YouTube and Blog Talk Radio
Laura Ingalls Wilder Legacy and Research Association, Vice-President and Membership Chair
Now the question of which family member do I suggest buy me the George Tann book for Christmas?
Lauri, I’m buying it myself–cant’ wait until Christmas! 🙂
Can you wait that long Lauri?
Probably because I have several other books to read and to study for a test.
Comments are closed.